Posted by Kanupriya on December 31, 2010
Well, a lot has happened in 2010 for Indian Marketing and Media industry. While I will come back with detailed posts on some of the brand case studies which created impact this year, but as of now here goes a quick take on my “likes” & “dislikes” for marketing incidents that occurred in 2010
- A rebranding which I liked : Indian Rupee Symbol
- A rebranding which I disliked: Airtel
- A marketing trend which I liked: Social Media becoming mainstream, few predicted this but not many were sure or convinced about it till last year.
- A brand which completely wowed me: Flipkart
- A brand which always delivered what it committed to me: Indigo
- A new product /service which I started using in 2010: Online luxury shopping portals and totally addicted to FashionAndYou.com
- A old category coming out with newer marketing techniques: Books, wow what innovative marketing stories in Indian Literature Industry.
- An ad which really created a buzz: Volkswagen Vento talking newspaper ads
- An ad which I hated : IBIBO, JK Cement Swimming Pool ad
- Ad which I liked for its social messaging: ”’Tata Tea Choti & Badi Patti’ and ‘Tum Chalo Toh Hindustand Chale by TOI‘
I may update this list later if some more related points come to my mind, till then do drop in comments about the stories which you liked or brands which you hated in 2010.
With this last post for 2010, here’s wishing all my readers a very happy and prosperous new year! May you have a rocking & great 2011!
Posted in Quick Bytes | Tagged: Happy New Year, Indian Ads, Indian Brands, Marketing in India | 2 Comments »
Posted by Kanupriya on December 13, 2010
Micromax is the 2nd fastest rising query in India! Wow, the brand definitely seems to be on a roll. At first I was surprised but hey wait, isn’t it the most buzzed brand in Indian Telecom Industry these days? Google has released its Zeitgeist 2010 report for most searched words in India. While IRCTC retains its position of being at the top like earlier, this year there were definitely some newer surprises in the list. Here goes the complete list for Indian market:
Micromax is gaining market share in India by making cheap phones with long battery life and targeting the needs of mass Indian consumers. Recently it announced the launch of its android phones too at a cost of Rs. 6,999/-. Not only is this brand selling more than a million phone every month, in last two years it has also become the third-largest GSM mobile phone vendor in India after Nokia and Samsung, with a market share of 6%.
Well, mass targeted products definitely sell in India. Google’s this report further substantiates it, check out the section for raising people. Sonakshi Sinha scores higher than Katrina, mass appeal of Dabbangg once again?
Posted in Indian Internet Industry | Tagged: google india, Google Zeitgeist 2010, indian online search industry, IRCTC, Katrina Kaif most searched in Google, Micromax, Sonakshi Sinha top searched bollywood actress | 7 Comments »